Ink Technicians are responsible for small batch blending of ink to support the Press Department. This position will collaborate with production teams to ensure inks and coatings are prepared to meet customer specifications and production needs.
What does the job look like?
- Maintain a safe and well-organized ink work area.
- Follow standard operating procedures, utilizing ink dispensing equipment, color management devices and business system software, to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Records color formula in color management software and issues formula and mixing procedure to appropriate workers.
- Log all information requested on the color match. Maintains file folders containing color ink prints and formulas for each design for use as printing standard.
- Review of daily production schedule and production status to ensure timely preparation and staging of inks.
- Maintains Ink room inventories, (inks, solvent, adhesive, operating supplies) maintains toners on Automatic Dispensing System and housekeeping.
- Review job tickets to verify ink components are available and used as specified.
- Performs quality color checks.
- Processes ink returns and recertify to standards.
- Monitors press for related ink issues and assists with trouble shooting.
- Processes ink deliveries and stores supplies following FIFO inventory processes.
- Performs daily and periodic cleaning to maintain the required 5S standards throughout the manufacturing area.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Related duties as assigned.
Something for you?
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3-5+ years of experience in printing and knowledge of ink procedures.
- Proactive with all continuous improvement initiatives.
- Excellent teamwork, and interpersonal communications skills
- Good computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel); plus ability to learn color management software.
- Lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, stoop, squat, crawl, and kneel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color acuity and the ability to adjust focus. Must have good judgment of color required for Color Hue evaluation.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Why choose MCC Verstraete?
- MCC Verstraete offers a wide range of benefits to care for you and your family
- Job with a lot of variety
- Pleasant workplace thanks to clean, light surroundings and cooperative teammates
- Paid training and growth opportunities
- Clear career path within the company
- Work/life balance
- Employee-led committees to improve workplace safety and culture